Historic Window 14
The uppermost room forms the defence floor. It was added to the top of the tower in 1329 (d), which was presumed damaged after the military repression of the town led by the Archbishop in September 1327. Its parapet wall rests on a Lombard band running around the outside, which has several arrow loops. In around 1340 (d) the tower received a steep roof, which rested on a supporting structure, which is still in existence, on the defence floor. The roof itself was put on in around 1700, by using older timber, and was thoroughly restored as part of the castle restoration project from 2009 until 2015.