Bauhistorisches Fenster 2
Historic Window 2
The East Wing was the last element of the building to be added in 1698 (d) between the South and North Wings, which resulted in the building having, for the first time, four wings and an enclosed inner bailey. The constructor of the building was the Archbishop of Trier, Johann Hugo von Orsbeck, whose coat of arms is over one of the gateways to the courtyard. In the period up until 1702 (d) he also instigated the extension of the castle keep and provided it with a new roof.