Historic Window 18
The exterior of the west and north walls of the castle keep show the stone visibility of the masonry. The exceptions to this are the lime plaster mouldings used to emphasise openings. The plastered moulding around the window opening in the north wall has been preserved.
Here on the west wall two roof anchors remain. One belongs to a pent roof, part of the north building later added to the customs house. After the damage caused in the Boppard War in the summer of 1497, the building was given a new pent roof in 1498 (d), and this is where the second roof anchor comes from.