Historic Window 8
The North Wing, which was erected in 1694 and 1695 (d), consisted of one room north of the castle keep, which had a garderobe (latrine) in the north-western corner. Where it was situated can clearly be seen from the stuccoed beamed ceiling. Such garderobes suggest the rooms were used by aristocrats. Presumably the Archbishop resided in the North Wing when he stayed in Boppard.