Historic Window 19
The wall’s surface shows the masonry of 1265, the time when the castle keep was built. It consists of irregular, to some extent large, greywacke quarry stones. The mortar, with additions of sand and pebbles (maximum grain size approx. 2.5 centimetres) is bound with lime. Due to the irregularity of the masonry, gap widths of up to 20 centimetres occur. Initially there was no comprehensive plastering. The window openings were emphasised with a 40-centimetre-wide, slightly smoothed lime plaster (plaster frames). The horizontal strips of plaster are more recent.